Sprouts are proteinous in nature. And what’s better than knowing some amazing sprout recipes for breakfast? Nowadays, with the busy lifestyle, we forget to take care of ourselves. This in turn leads to switching to quicker alternatives of everything. And opting for sprouts needs less preparation with multiple benefits. Hence, let’s have a glance at some of the healthy sprout recipes for breakfast for a better kick start for the day.
Sprouts are obtained through the process of sprouting. It is the process after germination of seed, where new seeds give rise to roots and shoots. The shoots then grow up in the later stage to form buds, flowers and then fruits. But, not all sprouts are meant to be eaten. Few sprout seeds such as moong, chickpea, sunflower, etc. are high in protein content during that time. Sprouts are mainly consumed by gymmers, bodybuilders, and people from related fields in order to get maximum strength for working out and for better performance.
Top Sprout Recipes For Breakfast
NOTE: For all the recipes mentioned below, we are using soaked sprouts. It would be better if the seeds of moong are used in all except for Brussels sprouts. Soak them overnight for best results.
Boiled sprouts, chopped onion, tomatoes and green chillies, spices such as salt, black pepper powder and chaat masala, lemon juice, finely chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Take a bowl and add everything into it.
- Sive it a good and quick mix.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and mint leaves. Por lemon juice from top.
- Serve immediately.
Sprouts Stir Fry
Sprouts, salt, oil
- Take a pan and add oil and make it warm.
- After that, add sprouts and salt and stir fry them for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot
Note: You can add vegetables of your choice to the stir fry.
Boiled sprouts, chopped onion, green chillies and tomatoes, one bay leaf, cumin and mustard seeds, spices such as salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, water, oil, chopped coriander leaves
- Take a pan and add oil to it.
- After the pan is hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and bay leaf. Let them splutter.
- Now add chopped onion and saute it until golden.
- After that add chopped tomatoes and stir it properly.
- After the tomatoes are mushy, add the boiled sprouts and add little water to it. Do not add too much water as it is meant to be thick and viscous.
- Now add all the spices according to taste and preference.
- Mix them properly and cover the lid.
- Now let it cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Soaked Brussels sprouts, oil, spices such as salt and black pepper powder
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it properly.
- Now add sprouts and spices.
- Stir fry for about 5- 7 minutes, till it gets dark brown in colour.
- Make sure that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Serve hot.
Eggless mayonnaise, boiled sprouts, salt, oregano, chilli flakes and black pepper powder, chopped onion, tomatoes, carrots and cabbage, brown bread slices, unsalted butter
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients except for bread and butter. Give them a quick mix.
- Now, take two bread slices and put the filling one one bread.
- Cover it with another slice.
- Now take a griller and apply butter to its sides.
- Put the bread and keep it there for a few minutes.
- Cut it evenly into two halves and serve hot.
- You can have it with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Eggless mayonnaise, boiled sprouts, spices such as salt, red chilli powder and garam masala, chopped onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves and green chillies, whole wheat bread, unsalted butter (melted)
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients except for bread and butter. Give it a good mix.
- Now, take a whole wheat bread and evenly spread the filling on it.
- Then, take the oven tray and put the bread properly.
- Do not forget to apply the melted butter on the tray before placing the bread.
- Let it sit in the oven on low temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Take it out and serve immediately.
- Serve it with green chutney.
Sprouts Mayo Frankie
Whole wheat roti, boiled sprouts, chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves, spices such as salt, black pepper powder, chaat masala, eggless mayonnaise
- Take a bowl and add all the above ingredients except for roti.
- Now, take a roti and put the filling properly in the middle, in a straight line.
- Then, roll it carefully to give it the shape of a frankie.
- Serve immediately.
- You can enjoy it with green chutney dip or tomato sauce.
Sprouts, chopped coriander and mint leaves, gram flour, oil, spices such as salt, finely chopped green chillies
- Take a bowl and add sprouts (grinded into a fine paste), salt, green chillies, coriander and mint leaves and gram flour. Give it a good mix.
- Now, form tikkis out of them.
- Take a tala and add oil to it.
- When it gets warm, put the tikkis at the proper place.
- Let them sit for a few seconds.
- Now, flip them to another side and let it roast for a few seconds.
- Serve it hot.
Sprouts Tawa Pulav
Sprouts, cooked semi brown rice, oil, cumin and mustard seeds, asafoetida, chopped onion, carrots, tomato, beans, capsicum, cabbage, ginger-garlic paste, spices such as salt, turmeric, pav bhaji masala and red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Let it get warm.
- After that, add a tablespoon asafoetida, cumin and mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Now, add chopped vegetables and ginger- garlic paste and let them saute for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, add chopped tomatoes and sprouts along with spices. Stir it properly and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- After that, add cooked rice and then adjust the spices.
- Finally, sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves and then serve it hot.
Sprouts, boiled potato (mashed), finely chopped onion, cabbage, carrot and garlic, oil, cornflour, sugar (optional), green chilli sauce, salt, water
- Take a cup of sprouts, and boil them properly.
- Strain it and keep the water aside.
- Now take a pan and add oil to it and heat it.
- After that, add chopped vegetables along with garlic.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now, take a small bowl and add half spoon cornflour to it.
- Add water to it to make a smooth paste.
- Now, after that the vegetables are sauteed properly, add the required amount of water to it. Bring it to a boil.
- Furthermore, add the slurry into the pan and stir constantly.
- If you want to add sugar to it to make it a bit tangy, then you can go on.
- Now add green chilli sauce and then adjust the taste.
- Serve hot.