Who doesn’t love chocolate ? Chocolate, derived from cocoa, is one of the favourite toppings of a majority of sweet dishes. The taste with the creamy texture is something that lingers in everyone’s taste buds minutes after consumption. The base of this delicious substance, which is cocoa, has several other uses in a variety of recipes.
Thus, let’s have a look at some of the top cocoa recipes.
Available in the form of beans from Theobroma cacao, it is a fully dry seed. It is the major source of cocoa solids and cocoa butter. Not only chocolate, but it is also used in the preparation of a variety of dishes and drinks. There are mainly three types of cocoa- Criollo, Trinitario and Forastero. It is usually light to dark brownish in colour.
There are plenty of recipes that can be prepared with the help of cocoa. Let’s have a look at the usage of this wonder of nature in detail.
Brownies are cuboidal shaped chocolate cake pieces. They usually are made up of nuts, whipped cream and many more as the ingredients. Let’s see the recipe.
- Take a saucepan and create a double boiler system. This is where you have to boil an adequate amount of water in a saucepan and place another saucepan of smaller size so that the small one doesn’t catch fire.
- In the small saucepan, take butter, cocoa powder, salt and sugar.
- Keep mixing them such that they melt to form a smooth fine paste.
- Now, add vanilla and eggs (the quantity of eggs should be according to your brownie quantity) to the mixture. Add the eggs one by one so that it doesn’t get mingled in improper amounts.
- Now, it’s time to add the flour to the mixture.
- After that, beat it properly to make sure that it’s not too viscous.
- Finally, get the oven pan ready to bake the brownies.
- Spread the batter evenly in the tray and bake them for about 20 minutes.
2. Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate has been an all time favourite snack time option for all individuals. But do you know how easy it is to prepare ? If not, then check out its recipe below.
- Place a clean saucepan and add milk to it on low flame.
- Now, put appropriate amounts of sugar and cocoa powder to it.
- Keep whisking them so that they don’t form lumps.
- Once the milk turns smooth, add some chocochips of your choice. This is a completely optional step. If you want to skip it, then it’s fine.
- Now, pour a few drops of vanilla extract into it and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- You can garnish the hot chocolate of your choice such as chocochips, whipped cream, candies and many more.
Cupcakes are the mini packets of happiness. Just imagine how amazing it would be to be able to prepare it at your own home a/ Lets quickly check out the recipe.
- In a clean bowl, take flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Now, take another bowl and beat the egg whites carefully and keep them aside.
- Consequently, take another bowl in order to beat butter and sugar until they form a smooth paste.
- Add egg yolk to it as well and resume beating.
- Beat vanilla in the same manner.
- Now, bring the first bowl of flour and beat it carefully till the complete flour is properly beaten.
- Then add buttermilk and beat it properly.
- Now finish up with egg whites, and chocolate chips.
- After that, divide the cupcake batter into the cups and put them in the oven.
- Let it bake for about 20 minutes and then check it.
- Lastly, sprinkle chocochips, whipped cream or powdered sugar over the cupcakes to enhance its taste.
From fitness freaks to children to teenagers, smoothie has been an over the top beverage to drink. Thus, let’s see how to prepare for it.
- Take a blender jar and add milk, fruits of your choice (preferably banana and strawberry), cocoa powder and honey.
- Blend them finely to form a smooth consistency drink.
- Serve immediately.
Have you seen small balls of chocolates that when munched on, taste heavenly ? That’s what truffles are. So, without any delay, let’s get to its recipe.
- Take a bowl and put some crushed chocochips or chocolate pieces into it.
- Pour warm cream over it and stir it such that the chocolate melts to form a smooth paste.
- Let it sit like that for some time.
- Now that the mixture is ready, transfer the bowl into the refrigerator to cool it. Let it be there for about 2 hours.
- After that, take the bowl out and make small balls.
- If you want, then you can dip it into cocoa powder, chopped nuts, etc.
Pancakes are flat layers of flour sweetened using cocoa powder and confectioner’s sugar. Here is the recipe for this delicious dish.
- Take a large bowl and put flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in it and whisk them properly.
- Now, take another large bowl and beat another set of ingredients. This set includes eggs, vanilla and milk.
- You can now mix both the sets and mix them properly to form a lump free batter.
- Add chocochips and stir well.
- Take a flat pan and heat it properly.
- Now, add a few drops of oil or butter of your choice and spread it in equal amounts in all directions.
- Finally, pour the batter in small quantities on the pan and flip it after some time.
- Do this for about 2 minutes and then take it out on a plate.
- Add honey on it if you want to.
- Serve hot.
These are sweet, crispy hollow circles made up of flour and other ingredients. It’s always said that when you are upset, have a doughnut ! So, let’s see how it is made.
- Take a bowl and add adequate quantities of cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- Take another bowl and add egg and sugar to it. Whisk it completely.
- Now add milk, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt and melted butter to it and again whisk it properly.
- You can now mix both the bowls in order to form a viscous batter. This is your doughnut batter.
- Take a doughnut stand and pour the batter into it carefully.
- Bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes and keep it outside.
- Let it cool down completely.
Tiramisu is a sweet dish containing several layers of cream, chocolate and cookies. It is one of the best sweet dishes one can ever try. Hence, let’s get to its recipe below.
- In a measuring bowl, take coffee, cocoa powder, coffee liquor and sugar and mix them well.
- Put a few ladyfinger cookies at the lower part of the pan.
- Now, take a spoon and douse the cookies with a little amount of the above mixture.
- Take another bowl and mix together sugar, melted chocolate, coffee liqueur and vanilla extract properly.
- Spread the ladyfinger on the pan appropriately.
- Place a few of them over the mixture and the rest with the initial coffee mixture.
- Take a mixer and blend whipped cream, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until a smooth paste is formed.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the ladyfinder layer.
- Now, cool it down for about 2 hours so that the ladyfingers get soft.
- Finally, cut it into square pieces and serve them.
A tart is a beautiful savoury dish where a tart shell holds creamy filling above it. Do you also feel like having it ? If so, then let’s get into its recipe in detail.
- Firstly, you have to prepare a pastry. For that, mix well flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Now add butter to it and mix it into a blender.
- In the blender, make a hole in the middle of it.
- Take a small bowl and add egg yolk and cold water (little amount) and whisk it properly.
- Now, pour the matter into the hole created before.
- Blend it properly. A dough will be created out of it.
- Take it and wrap it in plastic.
- Keep the freshly prepared dough in a refrigerated mode for about half an hour.
- Now take it out and keep it in the form of a circle.
- Put pressure on it such that it sticks to the tart pan.
- Again, keep it refrigerated for about 20 minutes.
- Create its boundary using an aluminium foil.
- Now, bake it for 30 minutes and then remove it.
- Take a brush and apply the beaten egg white slightly on its surface.
- Again, bake it for about 7 minutes until the colour changes to slightly golden.
- Now it’s time to prepare the filing. Take a bowl and add cream and milk on medium flame.
- Keep it aside and add crushed chocolate and stir it properly till it forms a smooth paste.
- Consequently, add sugar and salt and whisk it carefully.
- Now, take eggs in another bowl and beat them and then add it to the mixture. Stir it steadily.
- Pour the mixture into the shells of the tart and bake them for another 15 minutes.
Who is not fond of cakes ? But have you ever tried cheesecake ? A beautiful wobbly cake, craftily designed to give a jelly like shape to it is a delight not only to the eyes, but also to the intestine. And who doesn’t want to learn how this amazing dish is prepared ?
- Take a few chocolate cookies and crush them completely.
- Now, add melted butter to it and then shift it to a springform pan.
- Spread it evenly and bake it for about 10 minutes. Then keep it aside.
- Now, take a bowl and add chocochips and hot coffee.
- Mix them properly until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Keep it aside to cool down completely.
- Now add cream cheese, sour cream and sugar to a mixer and blend it properly.
- Pour the flour gradually into it until it forms a smooth paste.
- Now, add eggs and mix it properly.
- Also, add the melted chocolate mixture here and blend it slowly. Make sure that the batter must be smooth.
- Finally, shift the chocolate mixture to the pan and spread it evenly.
- Now, place the cake carefully and then bake the whole stuff for around 20 minutes.
- Then lower the temperature of the oven, bake for another half an hour.
- Now turn it off and let it cool for sometime.
- Then refrigerate it for about 7-8 hours. It would be best if you cool it down overnight.
- Prepare the ganache by mixing warm cream and chocolate.
- Spread it properly on the cake.
- Serve as it is.
11. Chocolate Cake
Last but not the least is a delicious, lip smacking and creamy chocolate. There is nothing to write about it because the picture gets automatically formed in front of the eyes wherever its name is mentioned. Hence, without any delay, let’s get started.
- Take a large bowl and add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk them properly.
- Take a square box and pour oil on it to make it greased.
- Pour the mixture into it and then bake it for about 30 minutes.
- Dust it with powdered sugar.